Friday, August 27, 2010

Finally Able to Relax

Good morning! It is Friday. The weekend is here. I had a good week, thankfully. I was very busy. I now know for sure when I start my part time job. I am excited about going back to that infamous job. It has been a while. There are people there that I haven't seen in a while so it should be good. I do think a little about the effect of working another four hours a day on top of my normal eight will have on me. I think it will be okay because it is just sitting down on and talking on the phone. I don't talk that much on the telephone at home and home is a more relaxed setting, but it is not like I am lifting heavy blocks for four hours straight. The good thing about this job is that it is very flexible. Sometimes too flexible, but I am positive all in all.

The temperatures or slowly declining here in SC and I want to do a little dance every time I hear the weather report now. I simply can't tolerate the heat. Thinking back on my childhood, my heat tolerance went out the window at about the age of 10 or 11. Before then, I could stay in it all day and play extemely hard while in it, but I remember that all changed at around 10ish.

My days are way less stressful these days. I of course am thankful for that as well. One of my favorite quotes is the one about doing something different to get something new. I am applying it to my daily life in small steps. I am truly a work in progress! My husband and stepson are engaging in activities that weeks ago would have me headed into a relapse head on from the stress of worrying and trying to control the situations, but I realize now that my life is not about what they do. I can only control my own actions. Both of them are very intelligent men (man and young man I should say), they know what they are doing and they just have to deal with the consequences of their actions in the event that there are some. Thankfully, they are not doing anything illegal I must say.

I head toward my weekend reading The South Beach Diet again and thinking about giving two weeks of my sugar filled life up to start a positive change. I have a lot going on in this head of mines that I purposely want going on right now, lol. Sometimes since MS, I don't control what's going on, but today, right now - I do!!! My plan is to just chill and relax for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment