Monday, August 2, 2010

More money, more problems

It is Monday morning again. I am doing fairly well. It was a little hard to get up this morning, but I am here. I actually did like a little kid today. I got up and sat on the side of the bed and laid the upper portion of my body back down. It felt good for all three minutes that I laid there. It is a cloudy day here and on my way in to work, it was misting rain a little. I am here and that's enough, lol!

My weekend was fairly quiet. Not a whole lot of anything happened. My aunt and my cousin from back home came down. There were a lot of laughs. There wasn't a whole lot of anything else. I put a relaxer in my hair - MYSELF! I was tird of dishing out $50 to $60 for someone else to do. I took my time and it came out pretty well. I was extra careful with it. I remember in high school, I used to do my own all the time. It was like when I went away to college maybe my junior year, I stopped. Why? I can't tell you. I am happy with the way it looks this morning. It turned out pretty well.

I think what started me to going to the salon on a more regular basis was my thinking that it wasn't good enough the way I did it at home. That I needed to get it done in a salon and moreover that I deserved it. What? Back when I was in college a touch up relaxer and a style ran $35 so you would think I deserved to save a little money moreso than to go to the salon. I did a fairly wonderful job of it at home. Now I could have gone in for the hair cut and for some fabulous style for a fabulous event, but not every two weeks as I had become accustomed to.

I think with more money, one spends more money honestly. I mean I heard this from a lot of people and actually have read it in several different places over the years -"When you make more, it takes more." I hold it to be true. It seems like when ever my pay has increased, my lifestyle has also. I am a pretty simple girl who truly understands the value of a dollar. When I was in high shool, I had a job at the age of 14 and my parents gave me money to get the necessities of life, yet I went from needing a little to needing more. I don't know what it is about our culture that makes us need more. I am approaching my 33rd birthday and my theme this year is to save half of what I make. Is it possible. I believe so. We will see how this theme works, but I assure you there will be no trips, extravagant meals out, or some of the other nice luxuries I enjoy. With that being said, I had better start thinking on a nice trip right before my birthday and splurge one last time at Bath & Body Works for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment