Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just when....

Just when one thinks they are on a path to doing well, BAM! That's okay though because I know that with triumphs come hardships. The God that is head of my life is wonderful! All things (ALL THINGS) work together for the good of us who love Him. I know that. My dad is not doing well again. They have had to put him back on the ventilator. His heart's rhythm was off along with other things some serious and some not so much. I am and we all are praying that God's will be done. Period. That's it!  I spoke with my mom on the phone today. That is a milestone! I hadn't heard her voice in months and it did my heart so good to simply speak to her. I would ask her questions and she answered  as if it was 1991 when her health was much better. It is through her that I get a first hand picture of what life with Multiple Sclerosis can and will be. She is a fighter. She has been through many storms and yet is still the jovial mother I remember from my childhood. MS has over the years taken her ability to walk, talk (at times), move her limbs, and do anything other than look and watch the world pass her by, but she is still here and alive and she has the most amazing smile on her face while lying in bed most days. I love my parents at 33 like I did at the age of 3. They are everything to me. Without them I would be nothing (literally).

On other fronts everything is going well. I am going back to school soon, working a job and a half and doing quite well. When stress approaches I just turn the other cheek and am pretty okay normally. I have come to realize that I don't have to fix, handle, deal with every situation in my life. When my mom used to say turn it over to the Lord, it was for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment