Saturday, June 19, 2010

Simply blissful

Well, it is Saturday evening and I am laying across the bed watching tv and utilizing my laptop. I am loving it. I spent most of the day at the hospital with my dad and then to help my aunt get ready for a church function out of town. I have magazines, papers and books spread out all on the bed. I have clothes down on the floor and shoes out of place. My dinner for tomorrow is done. I have already eaten for today and I am good. I am good. My dad's health is always a constant on my brain, but I have prayed and know that he is in God's hands so no worries there.

I have always been a girl of simplicity. No makeup, no fancy fancy swirly curly hairdos, no sparkly glittery outfits. I love the quiet life. I have never liked drawing attention to me. If it did come my way, I was the one to direct it somewhere else - oooohh look over there, lol. I don't know where this comes from. Probably somewhere from when I was four years old. I was beginning to feel down earlier about how I live for the weekend and do nothing to enjoy it when it comes.

I was over that in like 2.5 seconds (courtesy of Pamela Davis, my mother-in-law 2.5 seconds). I am good with not having done anything major this weekend. I am good with the ability to lie in bed and watch tv. I am good with not spending $1 all day long. The simple life is the life for me. No drama, no stress, no well anything. I'm loving it. Of course tomorrow, I will have a completely different story, but that's the beauty of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment